Sunday, June 14, 2009

My Little Handsome


- He says the craziest things
- He can solve grade 1 math problems
- You can convince him to eat anything provided his plate is orange
- His tummy always needs a snack
- He has so many Thomas and Friends trains that when they are put end to end they make a line that goes from my bedroom all the way to the bonus room
- He likes candy, candy, candy, candy, candy
- He can stand and pee and will tell you so
- He refuses to do anything that my seem girly because "I am a boy mom!"
- Spiderman is the coolest
- Transformers are the best
- He has superpants that make him go superfast
- He can navigate the Internet to get to his favorite websites
- He will count anything that is put in front of him
- He loves his mama
- He is now 4 years old
- His name is Dustin

Where did the time go? It seems like yesterday I was walking into the hospital announcing that I had an appointment to have my baby and going through the easiest C-Section I have ever had, and now he is 4!!! This little boy is so bright, and funny and crazy! I am constantly laughing at the things he does, and cherishing all of the cuddles he loves to give me. The only other person who looks at me the way that Dustin looks at me is Otto. I have never seen such love looking at me from any of my other children as I do when Dustin looks at me. Dustin is always trying to impress me and he is always trying to figure out how things work. Dustin is always hungry, but only for snacks. . . he hates eating meals! However, last week when I announced that I was making a white chocolate banana loaf, Dustin looked at me, licked his lips and stated "I like what you said mom!".
I sure do love that boy, and I am so happy that he is in my life. I know that Dustin will accomplish great things in his life because he is so driven, smart and talented. I constantly have to remind myself that he is barely 4 years old, because it seems as though he is about 6. I sure do love my little, handsome boy. I am looking forward to watching him grow up. I think that I will have the time of my life raising this one!
Happy Birthday Dustin!

2 comments:

Ashley Dawn said...

Awww, what a sweet little boy. We need to get our kids together sometime this summer and let them play. Forget that, I think WE should play!

Suzanne Lee said...

You'll have to tell us how his bday went at MacDonalds. That was my fav place to have parties at when I was little. Happy Birthday Dustin!