Monday, June 21, 2010

New Perspective

With things that have been happening in my life over the past little while, I have decided that I wasn't really happy with the way that certain things were going in my life.  I was tired of feeling depressed and angry.  So, I decided that I was going to change some things in my life in order to feel better. 
I am a very goal oriented person, and I find that the key to successfully completing a goal is to write it down.  I have already done some things to start taking care of how I feel about my looks.  I have a new hairstyle and color, I am getting back into running again (thanks to the okay from my doctor), and I have bought myself some new clothes (always helps!).  I have cleaned my house from top to bottom and so this is my new starting point.  So, without further adieu, my goals:
1 - GOAL:  Be nicer to people.  HOW TO ACCOMPLISH IT:  Smile when I pass people on the street and always try to keep all comments positive.
2 - GOAL:  Keep my house clean.  HOW TO ACCOMPLISH IT:  Start back with the Fly Lady program again.
3 - GOAL:  Spend more time uplifting myself.  HOW TO ACCOMPLISH IT:  Set aside time every day to read.
4 - GOAL:  Have fun with my kids this summer.  HOW TO ACCOMPLISH IT:  Schedule fun things to do as a family and with friends.
5 - GOAL:  Be nicer to my kids.  HOW TO ACCOMPLISH IT:  Make a conscious effort not to raise my voice.  Always use "Please" and "Thank you " when asking them to do something.
So, that's it.  Those are my 5 goals for the summer.  Once September hits I always reevaluate where I am and make changes to my goals.  I am excited to spend the summer with my friends and family and hopefully I will be able to accomplish my goals and feel happier and healthier!

1 comments:

Ashley Dawn said...

Those are 5 great goals! I should do them too. I really find myself getting short with my kids when I'm pregnant and I really need to rein that in. Also need to figure out how to have fun with my kids this summer. Any ideas?