Friday, January 13, 2012

Amazing

That's all I can really say about it.
I am a spiritual person, but I rarely put that out in the open.  I belong to the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints and although I live my life in accordance to my beliefs, I rarely talk about my feelings and convictions with other people.  Sometimes I think it makes me forget how strongly I DO believe in what I am taught at church.
Yesterday it hit me.  As I watched that beautiful golden statue of the Angel Moroni playing his trumpet being hoisted onto the beautiful temple that is being constructed the overwhelming spiritual convictions that I felt amazed me.  I couldn't believe how powerful it was to me to be standing in the freezing cold with my three youngest babies watching a statue being put on the temple and how important and life changing that felt to me.
It was amazing.
It was an experience I will never forget.
Seeing that beautiful statue reiterated to me that I DO believe in the teachings of my church and I AM a spiritual person and I LOVE that temple that is going to be located 3 blocks from my new house.
Amazing.

0 comments: