Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Cousins and Babies

Thanks to the miracle of technology and the astuteness of my cousin Michelle, I was able to know the good news of my cousin Carolyn having a baby shortly after the sweet baby arrived. I am so excited for my cousin Carolyn and for my Aunt Judi and Uncle Garry's entire family. Having a new baby in the family is so much fun. I really wish that my cousin lived closer so that I could see new baby Elizabeth, but I am sure that my Aunt Judi will post lots of pics for me to see.
I know that Carolyn reads this blog, and so I just wanted to take a minute to say "Congratulations!" I am so excited for you. You have NO idea what you are in for, but I can guarantee you that it will be quite the fun ride. You will realize that you have never been more tired, happy, stressed, hormonal, full of love, overwhelmed and know that it is completely worth it than you will in the next few months. Your body will do things that are amazing, and weird. Your life will revolve around bodily functions and you will never have seen anything more beautiful than when your little girl smiles at you for the first time. Having a daughter is the most wonderful/challenging thing in the whole wide world! I will warn you that Jeff is probably already wrapped around her cute pink little finger and that will never change.
I love you little cousin. We have spent many years growing up together and I am so excited and proud of the woman you have become. So congratulations again! I love you and I am so excited for your new adventure to begin!

1 comments:

Carolyn said...

Thanks, Megan! We are so thrilled to have little Elizabeth in the family and can't wait to introduce her to the relatives in Calgary at Christmas. I already can't imagine life without her and feel like I would be happy spending the rest of my life holding her and laughing at her funny faces. It really is an amazing experience unlike anything I ever could have imagined!