Saturday, August 8, 2009

I did it!

Well, Jason and I ran the race this morning and it was great. The course was quite challenging but so beautiful! Jason was a bit disappointed because his goal was to run the race in under an hour and he ran it in an hour and 16 seconds. My goal was to finish the race. My fastest time that I had ever run 10 km was an hour and 26 minutes. There were 600 people racing today and Jason came in around 141st overall and I came in 319th but I had beat my personal best time by running the race in an hour and 21 minutes and 34 seconds. I am happy that I was able to accomplish this goal because when I started training in June, I probably wouldn't have even been able to walk 10 K's much less run them.
So now, for the rest of the weekend I plan on relaxing and playing with my brother and parents!
Thanks for running this with me Jay! And thanks for coming with us mom and dad! It was really nice to have people cheering for me at the finish line!

4 comments:

Michelle said...

Awesome, Megan! Congrats.

Jamie said...

Congrats!!!

Jenna Lee said...

yay meggie!!!!
mom said i have to run it next summer... and I will!

Mandy said...

That is awesome! Congratulations on running and finishing the race. It's quit a feat. I've only done it once so I totally understand how you feel. It's a great accomplishment. Amazing!