Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Yes Man

We have just gotten back from a nice little 12 day vacation. We spent a sun and sand day in Windermere, headed off to the Shuswap for some Comin Craziness followed by two days of cleaning (not as fun), then onto Fernie for some family hikes and swimming and finishing up the trip with a sleepover at my brother-in-law's place and a day in Waterton.
Fun. Exciting. Great Memories.
One of my most favorite things happened while we were on our trip. My little Lee has decided to expand his vocabulary. He can tell you what a doggy says, a kitty says and a ducky says. He constantly yells Abby's name when he needs something and he LOVES to just stand there and yell "Abby!!!!". My most favorite new thing that he does, though is he always answers "Yep" to any question that you ask him. It doesn't matter what the question is, the answer is always "yep".
This has made me think about things. I mean the boy is probably the easiest and happiest baby I have ever had (and I have had a few) and he just is so content with life. When Lee says "yep" it is always with a smile and no matter what, he always seems happy with the results. Whether he is getting a toy, a kiss or having to be strapped into his car seat, he never whines and he is just a happy little guy.
I have seen the movie "Yes Man" and I thought about my life. Would I be happier and just try more things if I was like Lee and answered "yep" to anything that was asked of me? I don't know, but it would definitely help me get past some barriers that I usually put around me. It would make me put myself out there more and it would make me try new things. That is something that I might just be willing to experience. I may not say yes to everything, but maybe I can try to be more willing to say "yes" when things are asked of me.
Thanks Lee! Who knew you could be so wise at the tender age of 17 months?

1 comments:

Squishy Burrito said...

I don't have your email address. I was going to send you an email. I don't know if you have mine. Its...
cyn.tas.tic.g.ma.il.com (obv. take out the ...s) Email me your address.