Tuesday, October 6, 2009

A Little Bit of Room

I haven't posted anything in a while because I have run out of things to say.  There is nothing extremely exciting happening in my life right now and everything is running pretty smoothly.  I know I need to post something, so I turned to the trusty old journal starters and I found this question:
What is your favourite room in your home and why?
My favorite room???  I would have to say my Great Room on the main floor.  This includes my Family Room, Kitchen and Eating Nook.  When Otto and I were building our house we saw the upgraded main floor plan which cost an arm and a leg more than the original floorplan.  It added about 100 extra square feet to our main floor and doubled the size of the kitchen and eating nook.  So, Otto gave his arm and I donated my leg and we upgraded the main floor.  We have never looked back.  It was the best investment we could have ever made.  Since we have moved here our kitchen has been filled with different dishes created by obscure recipes that we have come to love.  Our Eating Nook has been the host of several buffets and special dinners.  Our Family Room has held many friends and family at various parties and get togethers.  We have loved having our house filled with loved ones who can come over and share our food, friendship and laughter with us.  We even had hidden speakers put into our ceiling that have been the source of many a musical background. . . especially at Christmas time!  So, my favorite room is my Great Room. . . . there is a reason that it is so great!  It's not exactly the room itself (though I think it looks pretty great) its the fact that our Great Room is the perfect gathering place for the people we love, and that's why its my favorite room!

1 comments:

Ashley Dawn said...

Great Answer! I honestly don't have a favorite room. Probably my "great room" which would also be called my front entrance/living room/family room/theatre/music room/sitting room///.... It's the only place in my house that has dry-wall AND carpet - LUXURY!!