Tuesday, December 25, 2007

It's the most wonderful time of the year!!!


Right now it is 1:26 am on Christmas morning. I am sitting on my bed, watching a Christmas Carol and Otto and I are trying to figure out a way to empty our cameras so that we will be able to take pictures and video tomorrow. My children are all snuggled in their beds dreaming about Santa and presents!! My in-laws are cozily sleeping away. . . hopefully dreaming about the presents that they don't even know they are about to get tomorrow.

Santa has come. He was very generous!! The kids have been soooo good this year and will be so excited to see what Santa has brought them. We have decided to open our presents on our main floor, right beside Robin's memorial tree. I am so sad that we do not have our little Angel baby with us this year, but we do plan on visiting her gravesite tomorrow afternoon.

I truly believe that everyone should have the wonderful opportunity to experience Christmas through the eyes of a child. Today was a magical day, which will continue through to tomorrow!! It has been nice to have Otto's mom and step-father here with us. The kids have enjoyed playing with them throughout the day and I enjoyed Bob's company while I was baking pies for tonight. I always love getting the kids ready to go to Christmas Dinner and putting them into their Christmas outfits and doing their hair! Then off to my mother's house we went and there we met up with my family, my cousins and my brother's sister-in-law and her fiance. We had a really yummy Christmas dinner. After that we put on the family nativity pagent. My kids had fun doing that, and I really enjoyed being behind the scenes.

Then we had our family talent show. Caroline and I sang "Must be Santa" together. (Dustin decided to join in!) Caroline loves that song and we always sing it together in the car. I really wanted her to sing it tonight so that I could get it on video. Caroline is EXTREMELY shy so I wasn't sure how she would do, and she sang loud and proud and she was ADORABLE!!! I was so proud of her. Then Anne playedher Christmas song on the piano and Abby wowed us all with her cello performance of "Jingle Bells". It was fun to watch her play the cello in front of people. We had some funny songs, jigs, one man bands, and then some spiritual songs, capped off by the tradition of Mary's Lullaby and the Angel's Carol.

There is always some comfort in traditions, and I really enjoyed being at the dinner tonight with my children. When we got the kids home, we opened our pj's and put them on. Then we sang "Happy Birthday" to Jesus and ate cake. Abby and Anne wrote their letter to Santa with the help of Grandma Wilson and then it was off to bed for the kiddies.

Everyone in my household seems to be asleep right now, except for me because I just can't wait until tomorrow morning, bright and early, when I will wake up the kids because I can't stand the anticipation any more. I can't wait to see their faces light up when they see what Santa has brought them!!!

I love Christmas! It really brings me so many feelings of peace, joy and comfort. And even though this is a very sad Christmas for me because I am still mourning the loss of my little angel Robin, I am also rejoicing in the love and excitement that I feel with my kids, especially at this time of year!!

I sincerely wish all of you a very Merry Christmas. May you all find peace and love through the holidays!

0 comments: