Monday, December 31, 2007

A Year in Review

As I sit here waiting to start celebrating New Years with my little family and our friends, the Kiddles, I thought that I would write down the major things that happened to our little family this year. . . kind of a year in review!

Jan

- got back from the family cruise!! (so much fun!!! Thanks Grandma and Grandpa!!)



Feb.

- I went on a scrapbooking retreat with my mom (again. . . so much fun!!!)

- Grandma and Grandpa Bennion decide that they like to stay in St. George for about 6 months of the year (I do not quite agree that this is the best way for them to spend their retired years!! I think that they should just stay at home which is 5 minutes away from my house, because I miss them too much!!)



March

- hmmmm . . . not really a memorable month



April

- Abby turns 7!! She gets baptized next year!!



May

- I turn 28

- Jason and Suzanne get married on my birthday (I warned them that the weather would be terrible, but did they listen???? NO!!)

- Anne turns 6

- 2 days before Mother's Day, I find out that our little Bobby has died and I need to deliver him (we had thought it was a boy until then)

- May 15, 2007 our angel baby Robin Jean Comin was born

- find out that Bobby is a girl and change her name to Robin Jean from Bobby Douglas James

- funeral for our little angel (she is buried with my Nana, so I feel better about it)



June

- Dustin turns 2!!!



July

- Go to Ottawa for Jason and Suzanne's wedding reception and leave the kiddies at home!!! (SO MUCH FUN!!

- Go to cabin where Abby learns to wakeboard for the first time and jumps off the highest cliff (such a brave girl!!)

- Abby swims to the buoy and back without a lifejacket

- kids catch fishies

- learn all about what Jason's kids are going to be like when they are 2 . . . it's great!! I should post the video

- kids are exposed, yet again, to the speedo

- Dustin participates in speedo and moustache day

- Our friends the Sherwoods come out to the cabin with us and we all have tons of fun (even if the weather sucked!!!)

- find out I am pregnant again (YAY!!!)



August

- go to farm!



September

- School starts and Abby is in grade 2, Anne in grade 1, Caroline is in preschool

- It's FINALLY Caroline's birthday and we have so much fun with her!!

- move into the new house



October

- have Thanksgiving for the family at our new house

- Halloween (the girls are all princesses and Dustin is their knight in shining armour)



November

- Otto's birthday
- decorate for Christmas

December
- Abby and Anne's school concert (Abby had a lead role)
- Helped my friend Annette cater her Aunt's wedding
- CHRISTMAS!!!
- Two of my cousins get married on the same day
- cater the two cousins' receptions
- have a New Year's party

As I look over this year, I realize that even though we have had alot of ups and downs, what matters most is that we spent this time together. I am so grateful that I have such a wonderful little family and I hope that as they grow up that they will still enjoy spending so much time together as we do now.

0 comments: