Thursday, December 13, 2007

Weddings at Christmas


I LOVE Christmas. I can't say it enough. I LOVE my family and being with them and celebrating with them. For all of you who are not married and reading this, I am begging you to think about your families when you decide to plan a wedding. I know that it seems as though things would be easier to have a wedding at Christmas when everyone comes home for Christmas, but wouldn't it be more fun if you could have everyone come up again at another time of year?

I am saying this because my sister got married last year, right before Christmas and while I was extremely excited for her, she had one reception right before Christmas and one right after and it felt as though we just did Christmas because we had to and we didn't get a chance to really celebrate it. I vowed that this year I would give Christmas the proper celebrating that it deserves, and then two of my cousins decided to get married right after Christmas and I am catering one of them and getting the food for the other one. Again, I love my cousins, and I am extremely excited for them. . . and I am more than happy to help out in any way that I can. I am just saying that next year. . . and for the following years. . . I would like to be able to focus on Christmas at this time of year and not have to know that my family is stressed getting ready for another wedding. . . . Jenna and Kristin. . . I will pay whatever it takes if I have to fly somewhere to attend your weddings as long as they are NOT at Christmas time. . . . if you do decide that Christmastime is best, I already have plans!!! (just kidding, I will attend, but I might be a bit grumpy!!)

4 comments:

Michelle said...

I make no promises. Frankly, if I can somehow manage to get married at all during this life, I am not going to be picky about the dates.

That said, I doubt I'll have to worry about it. One of the benefits of being a bit older when you get married is that you don't have to work around school schedules.

And besides, I don't plan on hiring you to do the food. Not that you wouldn't do a wonderful job or anything, but I'd rather have you out joining the party.

Anonymous said...

i also don't see this being a provlem for me either, as marriage is not really on my top ten things to do right now!
i've always been more of a spring type of girlo anyway!
-Jenna

Mandy said...

You don't know me but I am a friend of Jamie and Lahni's and that's how I came across your blog. I really enjoy your blog. I just wanted to say that I love the picture of the flowers in the Candy Cane vase. Is that what you are helping to do at the wedding? It's such a great idea. I hope you have a Merry Christmas

Megan C said...

Mandy,
Thanks for your comments. I really appreciate it! No, I am not doing the candycane vases, I just LOVED the picture. I am making trees out of cream puffs for one wedding and 20 wedding cakes for the other along with strawberries dipped in chocolate to look like brides and grooms. It will hopefully look as nice as that picture though. . . we shall see!