Thursday, December 20, 2007

Love

As I am busy getting ready for Christmas to come, I have been thinking about why I am doing everything that I am doing. And the reason seems to be because I love my family.
- It is because I love my Abby that I went and volunteered at her school all day when I had a bizillion other things that needed to be done.
- It is because I love my Abby and Anne that we went out for lunch yesterday at lunchtime and had so much fun together.
- It is because Otto and I love the kiddies that we all went to the Highwood golf course and walked around and looked at all of the lights.
- It is because I love my girlies that I am going to all of their play performances even though I have already seen their play.
- It is because I love my son that I let him play with playdough even though it gets EVERYWHERE!!!
- It is because I love my cousin Matthew that I am getting his food ready and helping his fiance with her hair and make-up on the morning of her wedding (3 days after Christmas)
- It is because I love my cousin Blake that I am making 20 wedding cakes for him and dipping 300 strawberries in chocolate for his wedding reception (the day after Matthew's)
- It is because I love my friend Annette that I am catering her aunt's wedding this Saturday
- It is because I love my mother that I am helping her get ready for the family dinner on Christmas Eve.
- It is because I love my parents, siblings, Uncle Garry, Aunt Judi, cousins and my Grandma Lee that I am making 5 pies (from scratch) for Christmas Eve Dinner.
- It is because I love my children, siblings and extended family that I rewrote our nativity pagent and organized the family talent show for Christmas Eve.
- It is because I love my Grandma and Grandpa Bennion that I am making beans for Christmas dinner on Christmas day.
- It is because I love my husband that I have invited my mother-in-law and her husband to sleep over on the 23rd and 24th so that Otto can spend some time with his mother.

Because I have been blessed by such a wonderful family, I love to do things for them. I love to spend time with them and I love the Christmas Season because it forces me to spend time with the people that I love and do things with them that I wouldn't normally do the rest of the year. (However see my earlier post for my point of view on Christmas Weddings!!).

What so you love doing with your family at Christmas?

4 comments:

Michelle said...

Ooh, what kind of pies? Because if you really love me, one of them will be chocolatey.

Megan C said...

I DO LOVE YOU!! I am totally making a chocolate cream pie!!

Michelle said...

Wow. Best. Christmas. Ever.

The Mom said...

Hee hee - you love a lot of people a lot!!!!

I'm so glad I got to see you over the holidays! I love you!!!