Sunday, February 14, 2010

Love and Chocolates

That is what I think of when I think of Valentine's Day.  I know that a lot of people hate Valentine's Day and think that it is a made up holiday by companies to sell more chocolates and flowers.  It well may be.  I have never taken the time to learn the origins of Valentine's Day.  I don't really care to know.  I just love the day though.  I mean, who wouldn't love a day that is set aside specifically to show your loved ones how much you care for them?  I love taking this day to spend time with my family and to remind myself why I love them so much.
Growing up, my mom used to make Valentine's Day very special for us.  She used to buy us little boxes of chocolates and write us each a little Valentine's Day card and have them at our spot on the kitchen table when we woke up on Valentine's Day.  That little gesture of love has really stuck with me throughout my life.  I always knew that no matter what, my mom would express her love on Valentine's Day.  Because of this, I have continued the tradition with my kids.  I love to buy them little boxes of chocolates and write them a Valentine from their Mom!  I also buy my kids a Valentine's Day shirt for them to wear on Valentine's Day to remind them to be nice to each other and to show each other how much they love each other.
That being said, I want to wish all of you a very Happy Valentine's Day!!!  I hope that your day is filled with gestures of love from all of those people who are near and dear to you!

0 comments: