Monday, April 26, 2010

10 Years

10 years ago I was a new mom.  I was just beginning to experience the joys, frustrations, loves and pains of motherhood.  I was learning what it really felt like to be sleep deprived and overwhelmed.  I was learning how incredible it was that something so small could bring so much joy and love.  I was learning that nothing in the entire world would matter as much as my little bundle of joy.
And a bundle of joy she has been!
My little baby is now 10 years old.  I am now a mother of a tweenager!  She has been around for a decade and that means that I am a decade older.  I have gone from diapers and sleepless nights to fashion and early mornings.  I have the 3 Highschool Musicals memorized and know almost all of the Miley Cirus songs from memory.  I love hearing her practice the cello and I am the most obnoxious cello mom!  I have watched her play barbies and house as a little girl and grow into listening to the ipod and playing basketball.  Where did the 10 years go?  When did my little princess turn into this beautiful girl?  What will the next 10 years bring?  Is it possible to love this little girl more now than I did 10 years ago????  How is that possible????
Abby is 10.  I am proud of her!  I love my sweet little Abbigail!  Happy Birthday Kiddo!

1 comments:

Carolyn said...

Happy birthday Abby! She really is sweet and you have every reason to be proud.