Thursday, September 30, 2010

The Baby

Lee is my baby, and he always will be.  As we were laying down yesterday, cuddling for our nap, I started to wonder what it was like in that big, thick head of his.  I started thinking about his position in our family and in life and I thought that in some aspects of life he has it great!  And in some aspects of his life, I can see how he would think  his life is hard.
Here are a few examples:

1 - Everyone goes to school except for him
ADVANTAGE:  Lee gets mommy all to himself
DISADVANTAGE:  Mommy makes Lee have a nap

2 - Lee has to have a daily nap
ADVANTAGE:  Lee and mommy read books, sing songs and cuddle
DISADVANTAGE: ummm. . . . . Lee has to have a nap

3 - Lee has 3 older sisters
ADVANTAGE:  Lee has 3 girls who dote on him and love everything he does
DISADVANTAGE:  It's like having 3 extra moms who won't let him get away with anything

4 - Lee is HUGE
ADVANTAGE:  Dustin can't pick on Lee without some severe retaliation
DISADVANTAGE:  Lee is tall enough and weighs enough to do certain things, but his not developmentally there yet

5 - Lee has 4 older siblings
ADVANTAGE:  There is almost always someone to play with
DISADVANTAGE:  Lee likes to play by himself

There are many more, but those are the things that I could think of from the top of my head.  I love having my little guy around and I am so happy that he is part of our family.  Our afternoons alone together are the favorite part of my day.  It reminds me of when I just had Abby and Anne and we would cuddle together every afternoon and listen for bunnies.   I will definitely miss having a toddler around the house when my baby grows up to be a big guy like his daddy!

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love being the baby!