Thursday, February 10, 2011

Breakfast

All of my life I have heard that breakfast is the most important meal of the day.  This past week I have discovered why.
When Otto had his old job, he used to drive Abby and her friend to school because it was on the way to his office and it is an hour long bus ride for Abby if she has to take the bus.  That would mean that she would have to get on the bus before 7 am, and Otto and I are just not ready for that yet.  When Otto got this new job it didn't become possible for him to drive her to school, so myself and the mother of the other girl decided that we would switch weeks and carpool the girls to school.
Because this means that I now have to wake up earlier to get everyone ready for school earlier and take Abby to school and the other kids to the bus, I decided that it might be a good idea to eat breakfast together and I would make them breakfast every day.  This week we have had hot breakfasts (because it is so cold outside) every day, but that won't always be the case.
I have to say that I am LOVING this family breakfast thing!  I get the chance to sit down and visit with the kiddies before we have to get ready for school.  We talk about our plans for the day and what we hope to accomplish.  I know that if we keep doing this that it will help strengthen our family relationships.  I think that this will especially be important as the girls become teenagers and we get busier and busier in the evenings.
To me, that makes breakfast the most important meal of the day!

1 comments:

Being Ausmus said...

LOVE IT!!! I totally agree!!! No better way to start the day:)!!!