Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Dealing with it

So, my life is still going at 100 miles an hour, but I am finally able to start dealing with things.  I have been able to help my friends who had the baby who died and that has really helped me deal with my own issues regarding Robin.  I was able to edit some photos for their baby's funeral and that was a very healing process for me.  I think that because I was finally able to confront my issues, I have been able to heal a bit more and move on.  This has made it easier for me to interact with people and to start to get my life in order.  Another thing that has helped is that Otto is working at a fantastic job now and so it takes a lot of the financial burden off of me.  I don't have to stress about money anymore and I have been able to cut back on my hours at the Store and insert some more FUN things into my life.
As some of you know, my little family has a weekly ritual of Family Fun Night and Family Home Evening.  These two things are different from each other as our Family Home Evening usually consists of a Family Meeting with some sort of teaching Incorporated into it.  We do everything from plan for emergency situations to talking about issues that our family is dealing with.  For Family Fun Night, we just go out once a week and do something fun as a family!  This week we did it last night.  We took the kiddies to this cute little restaurant called Diner Deluxe.  The kiddies all ordered Cream Soda floats for their drinks and we were able to have some FUN and modern diner food.  It is probably the only time that my kiddies will be able to eat breakfast foods for dinner while I am around because I am totally against that!  It was fun and the food was good and it made me so happy that I finally have the time to just play with my kiddies.  I have really missed being their mom over the past couple of months and it feels so good to be back!
So, I am dealing with things. . . . I am starting to find some sort of order to my chaos. . . . things aren't perfect yet, but they are coming along!

0 comments: