Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Valentine's Day

I can't even tell you how many times I have heard that Valentine's Day is a completely commercial day made up by card companies, chocolate companies, and florists.  I HATE it when people say that because to me, because to me, Valentine's Day is so much more.
How can you hate a day that is set aside just to celebrate love?
It doesn't have to be love for a lover or a spouse, but just LOVE in general.
I always spend Valentine's Day trying to show the people that I love most how much I love them.  It is truly my mission on Valentine's Day to have my kids go to bed feeling as though they are the most loved people in the world and to show my Big Guy how much I love him. 
I sometimes think that the world is becoming too cynical and that people are starting to get too busy to stop and celebrate the small, every day wonders and joys of life.  Why not spend a day to stop and smell the roses?  Why not show the people that you love most how much you love them?  Why not celebrate Valentine's Day?
I don't know. . . . . what are your thoughts???

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dinner was nice. It was just too bad we couldn't have lunch together too.