Friday, February 4, 2011

Mars and Venus

Sometimes it is really apparent to me that men must come from Mars and women must come from Venus!  The way that we communicate is very different. . . . at least it is with Otto and I.  Let me give you an example. . .
I just got my hair done and I told Otto via text:
OTTO:  How's the hair appointment going?
ME:  It was great
ME: (Sent him a picture)
OTTO:  Awesome

Life went on that day and we chatted a couple of times.  Usually Otto comments on my hair right away and I was getting kind of nervous that I hadn't heard anything from him. . . . so I mentioned it.  As soon as I mentioned that Otto hadn't said anything about my hair, his eyes got really wide and he got really defensive telling me that he had already told me how much he liked my hair.  When I told him that he hadn't, he whipped out his cell phone and showed me the above conversation.
I LAUGHED!!!
I saw that conversation as him saying that he was glad that I liked my hair and he thought that he had completely complimented me on my hair without ever seeing it.  Even though it was just a cute, little miscommunication, it really reopened my eyes on how different the two of us are in our communicating and how I just need to remember his way and that it is so different from my own.
Sometimes it really does seem like we are on two different planets :)

0 comments: