Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Smile, Its an Attitude

This is what my cousin, Michelle wrote on my facebook page in response to my status one day. Its amazing how sometimes a person can say just the right thing to you at just the right moment. When I read "Smile its an attitude" I realized that I am probably seen as a grumpy person. I do like to complain a lot and when people tell me their problems, I don't tell them to look on the bright side of things, I help them vent until they feel they can tackle the problem themselves.
This doesn't mean that I am not a happy person, but I guess that I just don't show my happiness enough. So, my new goal is to actually smile. I'm going to try harder to show people that I am happy and to show them how much I love them. It is my new found weakness that I am going to try and make my strength. . . I will admit that it may take a while, but I will sure have fun trying :)

4 comments:

Lahni said...

That was the employee motto at Calaway Park. I think that's what our t-shirts said.

Michelle said...

Haha, Lahni is exactly right. I wrote that comment after you said something about going to Calaway Park...but I guess you never worked there, so maybe you didn't get the reference. I wasn't trying to tell you that you were too grumpy!

But still, not a bad epiphany for anyone to have. Haha.

Megan C said...

Lol! No, I totally didn't get the reference :) I thought you were calling me grumpy. . . . I like you more though knowing that you weren't!

Ashley Dawn said...

I seriously would NEVER think that of you. You're just way too much fun and are super happy. Good for you for pushing yourself to a new goal though.