Thursday, March 3, 2011

Back to normal

I know that it seems as though I have been talking about being disorganized a lot lately, but I think,  my friends, that it is coming to an end!
As many of you know, I am a HUGE fan of meal planning.  I write up a menu for 2 weeks and go grocery shopping only twice a month.  When Otto lost his job in November, I never knew when money was coming in or how much money would be coming in and so I didn't want to spend all of our money on groceries in case we needed it for something else.  It was hard on me because I felt as though my life was in a state of chaos because I never knew what was going to be made for dinner.
Once Otto got his new job things still kind of were up in the air for awhile. . . . .
and then on Tuesday I did it!
I did my meal plan and went grocery shopping!  It was probably the coldest day of the year, but I bundled up the boys and braved the cold weather and did it!!!
Let me tell you, making that grocery trip has made all of the difference!  I now feel more relaxed and in control. 
Yes, my house is still in slight chaos. . . .
Yes, there is still mountainS of laundry all over the place . . . .
Yes, my table is covered in scrapbooking supplies from my class development that I have to get done by the end of the week. . . .
Yes, my ear is sore from all of the phone calls I have been making. . .
. . . but I feel in control and relaxed because I now have groceries!
Life is back to normal!

0 comments: