Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Disneyland or BUST!!!

For those of you who don't know, we have been planning on surprising our kids with a trip to Disneyland during our Spring Break vacation.  It was really hard for me to keep it a secret for so long, but I managed and the KIDS WERE SO SURPRISED!!!
We had told the kiddies that we were going to go hiking in the Grande Canyon, but instead we drove to Anaheim.  We stopped to eat lunch at a Burger King that is right next to Disneyland.  The kids didn't even notice! While we were eating lunch with the kiddies, I told them that their daddy and I were thinking about our future vacations and asked them where they would like to go most in the whole wide world!  They all shouted at the same time without hesitation. . . .DISNEYLAND!!!
Otto and I smiled at each other and then loaded the herd back into the car.  While we were driving into the parking lot, I turned on the video camera and reminded them of our conversation at the Burger King.  I then asked them if they would be okay if we went to Disneyland instead of the Grande Canyon.  Abby said yes, Anne wanted more information and Caroline asked if that meant that they would have to be in the car longer.  I told them that we were there and that we just had to park!  They all got so excited and then Caroline, in her own monkey way threw up her arms and said "I'm going to Disneyland!!!  Whooo Hoooo!!!"  I don't think that Anne actually believed me until we were on the bus heading into the park.
Right now the park is PACKED!!  However, we have still had a lot of fun!  The kids have been great about going on every ride without complaining!  We even had Lee on the Madderhorn roller coaster!  (There are advantages to having a HUGE baby!)
We got great seats for the parade where we had a dance party and we just had a blast!!!  As each of the kids said to me at some point during the day. . . . this was the best day ever!
Abby said it best though when she told me that this surprise would be hard to beat in the future!
Oh kids!!!!

2 comments:

Jacki said...

FUN! What a blast. You should stop here on your way back up north :) We have space.

Dean and Selena said...

THAT is awesome!! We surprised Maddie last summer too, lol she thot we were going to Niagara Falls, those surprises are the best!