Monday, March 1, 2010

Olympics and Bronze

It has been a very exciting time at our house lately.  My kids have LOVED watching the Olympics!  It all started when their Grandma Wilson got to run the torch and we all got to go down and watch her!  SO MUCH FUN!!  Then it continued with daily updates on the medals and ended with a FANTASTIC hockey game!
I think that the highlight of the weekend was when Abby won her Bronze medal game in basketball on Saturday.  We were told that you needed 2 losses to be out of the tournament, but apparently it was only one loss, so it came as a great surprise to the other coach and I and all of our parents on Saturday!  We were very proud of the girls.  It was a great way to wrap up the season!  Abby wore her medal all day long and then she brought it to church on Sunday.  Four of her other teammates also go to our church, so it was cute to watch them all wear their medals to church on Sunday and show them to their teacher!  Abby told me that she felt as though she won a medal at the olympics.  I THINK THAT'S FANTASTIC!!!!  I was so proud of her!  The other coach and I told the girls that this was their first medal in a long line of medals that they will be receiving for basketball!  I sure hope that's true!!!
So, WAY TO GO ABBY!  Bronze all the way!!!!

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh thats SO exciting! Tell Abby I'm so proud of her!!!

Love her Aunty Kristin!