Monday, May 10, 2010

In a Funk

Lately I have been in a bit of a funk.  I have felt a bit overworked and underappreciated.  It finally came to a head on Friday during a conversation on the telephone.  That was it.  That was the straw that broke the camel's back.  I was broken.
I couldn't stop crying.  I have been very much on edge emotionally for about a month now and I just couldn't take it any more.  The dam broke.  I cried until I couldn't cry any more. 
I am still trying to pick up the pieces.  I am gradually feeling better, but I will admit that I still feel really fragile.
How did this happen?
I am a strong person.  I can take a lot of crap.  I can handle just about any situation.  I have big shoulders on which to carry my burdens, so why now?
Is it because it is May???  I always have a hard time around Robin's birthday (which will be on Saturday) and on Mother's Day, but this started in April.
So I am just trying to move on.
I am just trying to put my nose to the grind and keep on keeping on.
I am trying to surround myself with fun, happy things and keep my thoughts positive.
I am trying to stay home more.
I am trying to humble myself more.
I am trying to clean more.
Will it work?  I don't know.
I just know I need to get out of this funk.

3 comments:

Jamie said...

I totally know how you feel. In our ward yesterday, someone said some stuff in their talk (maybe it was the Bishop? Maybe it was actually in RS? Can't remember because the kids were being crazy) that made me feel better. Something like - a good woman knows that she can't do it all. A good woman knows she doesn't have the time to do everything she wants, desires and is capable of doing. I like that.
I hope you get out of your funk soon - I'm in one too. Come party on Saturday and throw your cares away! (Down in Fraggle Rock...) And remember - you are AMAZING and loved. (And admired.)

Lahni said...

There must be something in the water!! It seems like everyone is having a rough time lately. This totally happened to me yesterday in the middle of sacrament meeting - while my husband was giving a talk. And I just had to get up and leave all three kids and lock myself into a classroom and bawl my eyes out.
I honestly don't know what to tell you. Jamie's advice sounds good - I'll see you at the party!!

Suzanne Lee said...

Megan,I hate knowing you feel this way, if there is anything I can do to help please tell me, I can be a ear to listen or shoulder to lean on if you'll let me. I'm so sorry, I don't want you in this type of a funk, it's not you. You are one of the strongest, happiest, helpful people I know, you don't need to feel this way. I know we have different struggles but I can sympathize, if not empathize... I have had some month's go by where I feel I may have cried almost, if not every day... Hope you feel better soon <3