Monday, May 17, 2010

It's Not What's On the Outside that Counts!

My Anne is 9 today.  It is her birthday and I couldn't be more proud of her.  Ever since she was a baby, people have stopped me on the street to tell me how beautiful she is.  Photographers have given me their business cards and requested that I set up appointments with them to photograph her.  She has always been a beautiful little girl, and she knows it.  However, what all of those people can't see is how beautiful my Anne is on the inside.  With Anne I have to be gentle.  There is nothing loud about her.  She is soft and gentle and just beautiful.  She looks all girl and she loves princesses, littlest pet shops and barbies.
One of the things I love about her, and that most people who look at her would be surprised to know is that Anne is VERY logical.  She has a very linear and logical mind and when she thinks, you can almost see her thought process.  It is amazing.  She is incredibly smart and she LOVES math and science.  With Anne, you just do don't things halfway, you put everything you have into it.  She wants to be a scientist when she grows up and so every book that she reads and every present that she wants has to do with becoming a future scientist.  Anne loves to learn.  Anne loves to help people.  Anne loves to be on the computer.  Anne is thoughtful.  Anne is kind.  Anne has a very big heart and looks for people who are left out and makes sure that she plays with them.  Anne loves everyone.  Anne is never mean and she never tries to hurt or bother people.
If there were more Anne's in the world, the world would be a very beautiful, logical, methodical, gentle place to live.
When I think of Anne, the word that always comes into my mind is the word "Beautiful".  She is beautiful on the outside, but she is truly beautiful on the inside too, and after all, it is what is on the inside that counts!

0 comments: