Friday, January 14, 2011

Sunny San Diego











I know I haven't posted for a long time and there are many things that I SHOULD be writing about, but instead I am on vacation, and I promised my family that I would write every night so that they could take a peek at what I have been doing down here.
It all started with -23 degree weather in Calgary this morning. . . . . it made it really easy to board the plane and fly down to Sunny San Diego!  Seriously, it was about 24 degrees down here and BEAUTIFUL!!!
We landed around noon and got to our hotel at 1.  It is a beautiful hotel and after we got settled, my Great-Aunt Jolene picked my Mom, Kristin and I up and spent the day taking us to 3 of the places that we wanted to see the most!
First we became honorary members of the Mormon Battalion, learned about its history, panned for gold and pretty much introduced Kristin to every sister missionary we could see because she will be joining them in March.
The next stop was to the Mormon temple where we had so much fun hearing stories about how it was built from my Aunt Jolene and taking pictures of what I consider one of the most beautiful buildings I have ever seen!
Our last stop (before dinner) was La Jolla Cove where we gawked at the seals, gathered seashells for my babies, put our feet in the ocean and watched the sun set.  I have never seen the sun set so quickly and it was amazing to see that happen tonight.
We finished off the evening with some dinner at a fabulous seafood mexican restaurant and are now just getting ready to try and sleep before we embark on our cruise tomorrow!!!
So, we are here, we are safe, and we are excited to board the MS OOSTERDAM and cruise down the Mexican Riviera.
I wish you all the best in the freezing cold up north!  I will be thinking of you tomorrow as I suntan on the ship with a virgin pina colada in my hand whilst I laze by the pool!
Until tomorrow!!!

0 comments: