Monday, January 7, 2008

Fernie Family Fun

This past week we were able to go to Fernie with my family. It was fun being able to spend that time with the kiddies and with my siblings. On Friday, most of my siblings and parents went skiing. Otto and I took the kiddies to the Aquatic Center that is there in Fernie and we had a blast!! Abby jumped off of the diving board, Anne swam under water for the first time!! Caroline jumped off of the side of the pool with no lifejacket and Dustin. . . well. . . he was a bit of a mama's boy and just hung out with me in the nice warm kiddie pool. My sister, Amanda and my sister-in-law Suzanne just hung out all day at the Fernie and had a catch up session with each other.
We played alot of games with the family, and the kids did crafts! I was also surprised that my family didn't go skiing on Saturday, but hung out at the condo. It was great for the kids though, because everyone made snowmen with them. . . well one pregnant snowman and one snow turtle. The kiddies love that! Then Otto took the big kids swimming while I stayed behind so that Dustin could have a nap.
Later that afternoon, everyone except for my little family left and we stayed behind and watched football, played games, did crafts, and watched a movie. On Sunday we left Fernie behind and made the trek home. We stopped in at Blairmore where Otto's grandma Pierzchala lives and had lunch with her. It was fun except for the fact that Abby was sick, Caroline threw up, Dustin wouldn't sit still and Anne refused to eat her lunch and then complained about being hungry all the way home. . . ahhh the life with kids!
I was glad that we were able to go somewhere for our Christmas vacation because with all of the weddings that went on, we hadn't been able to spend much time as a family. I think that next year we will just go on vacation. . . it's way more fun than working!!

1 comments:

The Mom said...

Sooo glad you got to get away and have some family time :) It sounds like you had so much fun! Sorry about the kid being sick - I can sooo relate, coming down with the stomach flu, myself, the last day of Christmas vacation.

Hope things slow down a bit for you with the weddings done :)

Love ya!