Friday, January 25, 2008

San Diego???

Well, isn't it amazing how quickly things can change? This year we had planned on staying home for the summer with the exception of a quick jaunt to the cabin. Then we got an email from my dad that changed everything. It was a quick email that was forwarded from my Great-Aunt Jolene (who is my Grandma Lee's sister) talking about a family reunion that she is planning on having in San Diego. Well, I just HAPPEN to love San Diego, so I asked Otto if we rearranged some of our funds did he think that we could swing it? He told me to work out all of the details and we would decide. Well, two days later and here we are, pretty much planning on going to San Diego in July. I am so excited. We are still waiting for one or two more conditions to be met before we can say for sure, but I am quite confident that everything will work itself out!
The reunion is Thurs, Fri and Sat, so we are planning on going down on the Sunday before that and staying until the end of the reunion. I am so excited to take my kiddies down there to go see Sea World, the San Diego Zoo, Tijuana Mexico, see Legoland spend a day at the beach, see my cousins (they had better come down!!!!), go to La Jolla, and the hotel that we are going to stay in is right in Old Town San Diego, which is one of my favorite spots in San Diego.
Lee will be 3 months old, so he will be perfect travelling age, and so the only child I am really worried about is Dustin. I think that this will be a great vacation for us to do with the kiddies because the girlies will get to spend some time in Mexico (which they love to do), we get to go see some fun places, the weather is generally quite nice there, the Canadian dollar is high, and we won't be going to places where we have to spend alot of time standing in line. We had talked about going up to Disneyland after the reunion instead of staying in San Diego the whole time, but I REALLY don't want to go to Disneyland in the middle of the summer with a brand new baby and 4 other young children. I do love Disneyland, but I do not forsee that being much fun. I think that San Diego will be a blast, and I can't wait to go!!!!

1 comments:

The Mom said...

Ohhh - that sounds so fun! We will be standing in line at Disneyland in July ;) When are you going? We've never done this, but I think this summer I'm going to shoot for a special needs pass and try and bypass the bigger lines :)