Wednesday, January 23, 2008

My Anne


Anne's first name is Nellie, after my great-grandmother. . . whom I miss so much sometimes!!! I swore to my great-grandmother that I would never actually call her Nellie if I named her that, but I told her that I was going to name my daughter after her and there was nothing that she could do about it. (I get my stubbornness from my great grandmother, so I think that she kind of expected that response and would have been disappointed with anything less.) My great-grandma (Nana) hated her name and so she did not want anyone else to have to endure that name. The name Anne comes from a princess name, and to me that is alot of who Anne is. Anne is very sweet and is loved by everyone she meets. She is kind and gentle, and kind of reminds me of Snow White. I can totally see Anne being lost in the woods, singing and talking to all kinds of woodland animals. Okay, now onto the facts
- Favorite Color: yellow
- Favorite Toy: Webkinz
- Favorite TV Show: Anything that Abby will let her watch. She still likes little kid shows like Barney, Dora, etc, but she also likes the older shows. . . .the ones that Abby likes to watch.
- Favorite Past time: Playing on the computer, dancing, reading and solving math problems
- Favorite Characters: Sleeping Beauty
- Favorite Food: Chicken and fries
- Favorite Snack: Anything that mommy bakes
- Favorite Book: Whatever she can read to herself
- Precious Moments: Anne has lots of friends and often gets invited over to people's houses. She not only plays with her friend when she gets there, but she always includes their younger siblings.
Anne thinks that food tastes better at other people's houses and will eat things there that she wouldn't eat at home.
Anne is a very linear thinker. I can always tell when she has been playing with toys because they are all lined up in a straight row.
Anne does not like things to be out of order.
Anne loves to wear socks.
Anne can't match an outfit to save her life. She always has to ask if something matches, and it usually doesn't.
Anne loves to grow things.
Anne loves to read.
Anne loves to solve math problems. When we are in the car she will continuously ask me if two numbers add up.
Anne loves to dance. She is very good at it and she is very disciplined.
Anne loves to take piano lessons (from her mother).
Anne loves speaking Spanish. (She is in a Spanish school).
Anne is GREAT at going to bed.
Anne is kind to everyone (well, her siblings are only most of the time).
Anne can look past physical appearances and see people for who they really are. She doesn't notice physical handicaps.
Anne is very sensitive and doesn't always understand sarcasm. (This can sometimes be a problem around Grandpa and Uncle Jason).
Anne is very thoughtful and will constantly do random acts of kindness for people.
Living with Anne is like living with a little angel. When I think about her, the one word that I always come up with that describes her perfectly is "beautiful". Anne is not only beautiful on the outside, but she has the most beautiful personality. She is the epitome of goodness and loveliness. She is always a pleasure to be around and there are very few people who don't absolutely LOVE my little Anne.

1 comments:

The Mom said...

hee hee- I had to laugh about the matching of outfits. My C had the same problem when she was younger, and now she is the fashionista of the family ;) Always well dressed AND accessorized! Your Anne will surprise you!!!