Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Moms are not allowed. . .

. . . to get sick. Its true! I was sick all last week and I know that it was not only hard on myself, but on my family. It seems that everything sort of falls apart when I get sick. The kids are miserable, I am miserable, my hubby is miserable and the house gets sooooo messy! I always feel bad for Otto when I am sick because he is such an angel and he tries to take care of everything by himself. I know that it is hard with his work for him to have to come home and help out around here, but he is so amazing and does it anyways.
But now I am better and I feel ready to take on the world again. I just got another catering job that I am VERY excited about because I love both the bride and the groom (no they are not related to me) and I am SOOOOOO excited for them. The mother of the bride is a chef, and we have talked alot over the years and so I am excited to work with her to figure out the food for her daughter's wedding.
It's just amazing to me how much your health can affect your outlook. If I had gotten the request to cater last week, I probably would have felt overwhelmed, but because I am now all better, I am excited and I have something to look forward to. So, hopefully I can say "goodbye" to my basket of medicine and "hello" to my chef's hat!

2 comments:

Ashley Dawn said...

Yay for getting better and for getting the catering job!! Congrats!

The Mom said...

So glad you are feeling better and congrats on the catering job - I know you will create something FANTASTIC :)