Friday, May 1, 2009

Typhoon Lagoon






Today Otto and I joined up with my mom and two of my sisters and we all went to the Disney Waterpark, Typhoon Lagoon and then ended off the day at Epcot Center. Typhoon Lagoon was quite fun and it really made me miss outdoor waterparks. It is one of the things that I miss most about living in such a cold place and I always LOVE to visit a waterpark whenever I am on vacation! A vacation is just not complete unless you have spent an entire day going on waterslides, suntanning and floating down the lazy river!
And, of course, no one does a waterpark like Disney does! The Typhoon Lagoon has 13 waterslides, including 3 water rollercoasters! It has a wavepool that produces 6 foot waves so that you can actually go body surfing and I have never actually seen waves this big, and I have been to the ocean PLENTY of times! Typhoon Lagoon also has a special watertank that has tons of fishes in it, as well as sharks in it that you can go snorkeling in. Yep, that's right, you can swim with the sharks! Kristin, Otto and I did it and even though my heart was pounding the whole time as fish swam all around me, it was fun and it was something else that I was excited to tell my kids about.
Tonight we went to Epcot Center and it was amazing! Epcot is my FAVORITE part of Disney World and I am so glad that we got a small taste of it tonight and that we will be able to return on Sunday and spend the entire day (my birthday) there visiting Future World and seeing all of the countries in the World Showcase. YAY!!! I am sooooo excited!
Tomorrow, Otto and I are going to be dining with the characters from Winnie the Pooh for lunch. . . I can't wait!

1 comments:

Ashley Dawn said...

SO jealous!! It sounds like its even better than it used to be - sigh. What a great day!!