Friday, May 29, 2009

Good Friends = Good Times

I am not a person who has a TON of friends. I have a lot of acquaintances, but I don't really feel completely comfortable around that many people. However, the few close friends that I have, I have forever. I am one of those people who are really loyal to my friends and even if I haven't seen them in 10 years, when I do it was as though nothing has changed.
Tonight Otto and I and the kiddies hung out at a park with our really good friends. We all got married at around the same time and our kids are close to the same ages and we have just always gotten along really well. I find that it is rare to have another couple that are really good friends with BOTH Otto and I. Usually one of us is better friends with the couple than the other one. This is not the case with this couple, I could hang out with the wife, or with the husband and it is great. The same thing goes with Otto. It makes things so nice! We didn't do anything very spectacular or special, we just hung out, cooked hot dogs, had a campfire and the kids played. But it was nice.
Don't you think that sometimes the best times are just hanging out? I really love it when you can be so comfortable with people that you don't really have to be doing anything at all in order to be happy and have a good time. Those kinds of friends are the best ones to have. I sure hope that all of you are lucky enough to have friends like that. They really do make life a lot more enjoyable!

1 comments:

Ashley Dawn said...

Love it! Good friends are just the most important thing in life. I'm glad you have a couple like that!