Thursday, April 24, 2008

Sight

I found out today at Lee's check-up that there may be something wrong with one of Lee's eyes. I am not too concerned because I know that he can see fine out of the other eye. I feel bad for the poor little guy though because it always seems to be as though there is something happening with him. It has made me stop and think about the fact that I take the gift of sight for granted. I wondered to myself what I would miss the most if my eyesight was taken away, so I decided to write a little list:

I would miss:

seeing Lee smile

Otto's dimples

looking into Abby's eyes

watching Anne dance

watching Dustin run around

seeing how much Caroline looks like Otto

the different colors and types of flowers

scrapbooking

looking at a beautifully plated dish of food

watching the sun glisten off of the water at the cabin

the view of the mountains from my house

the look on my kids faces on Christmas morning

watching my kids accomplish major milestones in their lives

adoring new puppies

watching movies and tv

READING



It is amazing how many things we take for granted. We don't even think about them unless we lose them. I sure do hope that everything goes well for my little guy because I know that if we find out what is wrong when he is young that he can lead a perfectly normal life.

0 comments: