Monday, April 20, 2009

My little Hannah Montana






I haven't written in awhile because it has been a madhouse over here. I mean, when ISN'T it a madhouse right?
Yesterday was Abby's birthday. She is now 9 years old. I know! I can't believe it either! We had a joint birthday celebration and baby blessing with my brother's little baby Brooklynn yesterday. Seeing little Brooklynn reminded me of how quickly time has flown by. It seems like yesterday when we were holding our first beautiful daughter in our arms. It seems like yesterday when I was so nervous and scared when I couldn't feed her. I remember how terrible and like a failure I felt when I knew that my baby was starving and I couldn't feed her. I went through so much to try and breastfeed her, but at the age of 1 month, she weighed less than she did when she was born. Thank goodness for mothers, because mine finally stepped in and convinced me to give Abby a bottle. That bottle was a miracle sent straight from heaven! All of a sudden Abby became happy and content. She slept better, and she all of a sudden started gaining weight. My mom was my rock and I clung to her for guidance and help.
I remember how poor we were. Otto was in school and we both worked some part time jobs to make ends meet. We were so happy though. We loved our sweet baby and we couldn't get enough of her! As soon as I had Abby I knew that we were supposed to have another baby right away. I looked at Otto right after she was born and I told him that I could do that again. He was quite shocked, but 3 months later we were excited to be pregnant with our little Anne.
Abby has been such a blessing in my life. When I watch her, I feel as though I am looking into my past. I see a little girl who is pretty much exactly like I was as a kid. She thinks that life is a musical. She LOVES to play her cello and she loves basketball. She is a tom boy and has lots of friends who are boys as well as girls. Abby is very giving and always wants to help out. She loves babies and she loves to be in charge. I know that sometimes I take advantage of this, and so that is why I make sure that I do special things for her that I don't do for the other children.
For instance, Abby is the BIGGEST Hannah Montana fan. I have always felt guilty that I was never able to give my children a "nursary" and paint their walls and decorate their rooms because I didn't own the places that we lived in, and Otto and I just didn't have the cash to do it. Well, now we DO own our house and so I decided to give Abby the room of her dreams! The pictures above are of Abby's room. She LOVED it!!! She thought that she was in Hannah Montana heaven. I was worried what the other kids would think, but they were all so excited to help me put the decals on the walls and help me paint and make Abby's bed. I had sent Abby over to spend the weekend with my grandparents so that this would be a surprise and it really was! I am so glad that Abby enjoyed this gift that I did to her. I sure love my Abby and I think that every family needs an Abby of their own.
Now. . . two more weeks and it is my birthday. . . we leave on Monday for Disney World. It will be a blast! No kids, just my hubby and I and tons of fun in the sun!!! And the best part is that my mom and two of my sisters will be in Orlando at the same time so we are going to spend my birthday together at Epcot Center! My most favorite place on earth!!!

0 comments: