Wednesday, April 15, 2009

She's Here!


Yesterday morning, my sister-in-law had her beautiful baby girl. I am so excited and relieved that everything went well and that little Brooklynn is here. I hate that I can't see her until she goes home from the hospital, but I am excited to meet the sweet little one. I have to be honest though, I am also a bit scared of how I will react when I see her. I love Jay and Suzanne and I couldn't be more happy for them. I am excited that they have this beautiful baby and that their family is starting to grow. I am excited to have my first niece (I have 10 nephews) and play with her.
However, I have a hard time seeing baby girls ever since I had Robin. I am worried that it will be hard for me to see the two of them with this baby and not think about her, especially since her birthday is in May and that is coming up. One of the reasons that Otto and I are going out of town is to give me something to look forward to because I really do dread May and I especially have a hard time on Mother's Day and on the 15th when Robin was actually born. I just miss her so much sometimes, but I seem to be pretty good at just keeping myself busy so I don't have time to sit and think about her.
I know that Suzanne reads this blog, and I want her to know that I AM sooooo excited to come and meet Brooklynn. I can't wait to hold her and kiss her and tell her how excited I am to have my sweet little niece! I am so excited that my daughters finally have a girl cousin. I am so excited that Jason and Suzanne get to experience the joy/pain/excitement/exhaustion of parenthood and everything that comes with it. However, if for just a moment I go quiet, it will be because I just wish that my little girl was here to be a playmate for Brooklynn and I look forward to holding my sweet little angel in my arms again.
So, Congratulations Jay and Suzanne!!! I can't wait to come over and meet her!

1 comments:

Ashley Dawn said...

Oh, she's beautiful. Congrats! Good luck, I can only imagine how hard that would be.