Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Universal Studios





The reason I am such a planner is because I have no brain! When Otto and I woke up this morning and got everything ready to go to the Kennedy Space Center I took a quick look at our schedule that I had made before we left and I realized that we were actually supposed to go to Universal Studios today and the Kennedy Space Center tomorrow. So, we did a quick switch and we went over to Universal Studios and the Island of Adventure.
We did both parks in one day. . . . and. . . .IT WAS A BLAST!!! I am a bit of a roller coaster junkie (thanks to my mom) and I am so glad that I married someone who is also a roller coaster junkie because we went on some AMAZING roller coasters today! The Mummy was INCREDIBLE at Universal, and the Incredible Hulk and the Dueling Dragons were both AMAZING at Islands of Adventure! SO MUCH FUN!
Otto and I even got to meet Spiderman (who is Dustin's favorite superhero) and get some fun pics.
Last night we had dinner at Wolfgang Puck's restaurant, and today we had lunch at Emeril Lagasse's restaurant. I do have to say, there is a reason that they are famous chefs! It is because their recipes are goooooooooood!!!! I do have to say that I still think that my banana cream pie is better than Emeril's but I will have to try and come up with a caramel sauce like his. I mention these two restaurants because they were on my "bucket list" and I am so excited that I got these crossed off of my list!
We had fun and we really enjoyed spending the day together. I am so glad that Otto and I took this trip together so that we could just hang out with the two of us. It has been hard because we both really miss the kids, but we have been planning what we want to take them to see when we do bring them in a couple of years!
Oh, and did I mention that it was 84 degrees here today???? Sure beats the snow that I left behind at home!

2 comments:

Mandy said...

You are so lucky to be able to go to those places. I bet the food was truly amazing. I love banana cream pie too. It's one of the only pies that I actually love. I'm not a huge pie person.

Courtney Lee said...

When my family went to Island of Adventures, we went on Dueling Dragons 13 times in a row! I love that ride!