Monday, April 13, 2009

Reminder

This Easter weekend, my cousin came into town and we had a chance to spend most of Saturday together. I had a blast. We went to a great restaurant for brunch and then we went shopping. I mean, can it get any better than that? We capped off our day at my Grandma Lee's house where we visited with our Grandma Lee for a little while. Then we went our seperate ways as she went out for dinner with her parents and I took my girlies to go see Monsters vs. Aliens (you HAVE to see this movie! I haven't laughed out loud at an animated movie in a long time. . . FABULOUS!!!).
Hanging out with Michelle and talking all day about relationships, really reminded me how much I love my Big Guy. I felt so nostalgic when we would talk about things that she is going through and it reminded me of what I went through when Otto and I were dating. I could remember the butterflies in my stomach when we would hold hands. I remember the heartache I felt when Otto told me that he wanted to date someone else. I remember the spiritual closeness I felt to my Heavenly Father when I spent an entire evening on my knees in prayer for comfort. It still amazes me what I had to go through, spiritually, at that time. I still can't believe that I was lucky enough to find my Big Guy when I was 19 and marry him.
We defied the statistics, and we have been through so much. But we are still best friends and we are still together and happy. It took us awhile to be completely comfortable with our roles in our marriage because we are a team. We do things together that a lot of spouses conquer seperately. Otto is so hands on with the kids that it lets me have a bit of freedom. People often ask me how I do it with 5 kids. And my reply is always that I have a wonderful hubby. I never complain about what kind of Daddy he is because I personally believe that he should win Father of the Year, every year. I think that my children are very fortunate to have Otto as their daddy and they just don't know how lucky they are.
So, thanks Michelle, for hanging out with me on Saturday. I had a blast! And, thanks for the reminder. I think that its good to get a little reminder about why you love the person you love every once in awhile.

3 comments:

Ashley Dawn said...

And thank YOU for the reminder too. I was lucky to find an amazing man at 19 too.

The Mom said...

You and Otto are wonderful together :) He "completes" you :) Glad you had fun with Michelle! I think you and Otto are pretty grand parents and we love your kids too!!!

Michelle said...

It was great spending time with you too. :)