Monday, April 27, 2009

We made it!

Yay!! My kids aren't orphans! I always get nervous when Otto and I fly on an airplane together without the kids because if anything were to ever go wrong then Otto and I would both be gone and our kids would be orphaned. I am always so relieved when we land because it means that my kids still have parents.
We are currently in Orlando! It was 24 degrees when we landed, and everything started so smoothly and efficiently. I am so glad that I inherited the planning gene from my mother because it sure saved us a lot of time today. We didn't have to wait in any lines at the airport, in customs, in the car rental or at Downtown Disney.
Otto and I spent the evening shopping, eating at a restaurant that I have always wanted to try, and just hanging out together! We have never had a vacation with just the two of us, and so we have been having some fun just being together.
Another thing that I learned from my mother is that when we are on trips, we have always written in our jounals every day. So, even though my posts have been scarce in the past, I have a feeling that for the next week, or so, there will be almost daily posts because I want to have a record of this trip. I want to remember the fun things that Otto and I are experiencing together and I want to hopefully remember how much fun we are having.
You don't have to read these posts, but I have given my children my blog address so that they can read my posts before bed and know what Otto and I are doing every day. I miss those kids so much already, but I am kind of glad that we didn't bring them this time, because Otto and I have already been figuring out ways that we could make it even more fun for the kids when we bring them here.
Tomorrow we are visiting the Kennedy Space Center and we have tickets to the Pirates Dinner Adventure. It should be fun! I sure can't wait!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

can't wait for me to be there tomorrow!
-Jenna

The Mom said...

glad you're there safe and sound, hope you have an AMAZING trip!!! Love ya!