Thursday, April 23, 2009

What is the opposite?

Have you ever heard the saying, "The calm before the storm"? I have been wondering, lately, what the opposite of that is? It seems that ever since I have been planning this trip to Disney World, I have been CRAZY busy! This week has been insane! And, through all of this, I still have to find time to spotlessly clean my house. . . . I kind of wonder how that is going to get done? I feel a bit sorry for my Mother-in-Law because my house may just end up being Otto/kids clean, and not Megan clean (you ladies know what I am talking about :))
I am excited to be hosting Suzanne and Brooklynn's baby shower tonight, and tomorrow I am excited to hang out with our friends and their kids. . . although we are having a BBQ and I think that Otto might turn into an Otto popsicle while he is working the grill! On Saturday, the busiest day of all, I am performing in a Stake Relief Society conference in the morning, followed by Abby's birthday party and finishing the day off with a fun-filled evening at a wedding reception.
Sunday. . . well. . . some would say it is the day of rest. . . but being in the Primary Presidency, it rarely is! I am hoping to get packed on Sunday as we do leave at 5 am on Monday morning. . . . so I may have to pull an all nighter!
So, if anyone can think of a saying that would apply to this whirlwind of a week before I leave to go to Orlando, please share your wisdom!!!

3 comments:

Ashley Dawn said...

I think the opposite would just be "the life of a stay-at-home Mom". I know exactly how you are feeling. I have 3 sick kids, Jarett's doing finals (aka, I'm a single mom), I'm doing the piano teaching and all the other things that normally go on with my life while trying to pack to go to Calgary for 4 months. We have to leave the house spotlessly clean (we have people coming to stay here while we're gone) and totally organized....and I just don't think it's going to happen. Jarett has volunteered to come back and ensure that it is clean, but as you said, there's a difference between Jarett clean and Ashley clean...sigh. Chaos! Have fun in Florida though - SO JEALOUS!!

Mandy said...

Have a great trip! We've all been in the "calm before the storm". I don't envy you right now. Just remember to breathe...lol

Lahni said...

How about life? Have fun on your trip.