Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Outta this World






Today we spent the day at the Kennedy Space Center! (Finally!!) Otto really loved it and I was really glad that we went! It was really cool to see the progression of the rockets that they have used in order to accomplish all of the space missions. I felt very sad, and humbled when I thought about all of the men and women who had sacrificed their lives for space travel. It brought back memories of when I was in elementary school and I watched the launch of the Discovery Mission and it exploded. I still feel a sense of loss when I think about it.
I also felt a sense of pride when I got to walk by a model of the Canadian Space arm that is a smaller version of the one on the International space Station. It felt nice to know that my country had contributed to that space station in a huge way! Yay Canada!
While Otto and I were there, we kept on talking about our daughter Anne. She is very bright and is really into math and science, so we thought it would be cool if she could one day work for NASA and build robots or something like that. I just don't think I could sacrifice my daughter to being an astronaut with the risk of the rocket exploding. I would never get over that. However, having a daughter who builds robots would be sooooo cool! We figured that we would have to spend a lot of money on her education, so it's a good thing that she has an Education Saving's Plan that can help us with that. It would have been really fun to have Anne with us today, and I can't wait until we bring her here in a couple of years!
Tonight, we went and saw a fun, interactive, Pirate Dinner Theater. We had seats in the second row and we got to cheer for the Red Pirate. Our Pirate didn't win the competition for first mate and he didn't get the girl, but he was the strong one! And it was fun! Otto got to be in the show and we both had fun cheering for our pirate.
I would say that this was another successful day here in Orlando! Otto didn't get too hot because we spent most of the day inside, but tomorrow we start our 5 days at Disney World with the first day being at Hollywood Studios. SO MUCH FUN!!! I can't wait. I'll tell you all about it tomorrow night!
Until then. . .

1 comments:

Ashley Dawn said...

I had to catch up, but I'm SO glad that you're having a blast. What great pictures. I'm SO jealous that you're there!! Live it up!!