Sunday, March 9, 2008

Lee Douglas James Comin





As you know, we had Lee on Friday. What you may not know are the events surrounding his birth. I want to fill you in because in our eyes it truly is a miracle that he is alive and doing well.We had a planned C-section for March 13. I went into the hospital on Friday afternoon because I had been having contractions and I hadn't felt Lee move all morning. When we got to the hospital we were relieved that he had a heartbeat but he still wasn't moving. The doctor was a bit concerned about this, and she said that because she was there, I was there, there was an O.R. that was available and my scheduled C-section was less than a week away that we would just have the baby on Friday afternoon. Otto and I were shocked, but excited. We hadn't planned on having the baby on Friday afternoon.When they cut open the placenta, instead of it being full of water, it was full of blood. I had had what they called a placenta abruption which basically means that the placenta had detached from the uterine wall and so I was bleeding into the placenta, and so was Lee. He was also breathing and digesting in all of the blood in the placenta. He also had a huge knot in the umbilical cord. The doctor said that if we had waited even 2 hours more to have the baby, he would have died. Right after Lee was born, they took him to the NICU to get all of the blood out of him and to monitor him.It was the scariest feeling to think that if anything had gone differently, he would not have been born alive and Otto and I would be mourning the loss of another one of our children. However, we were very blessed, and we have a beautiful, healthy little boy.


We LOVE LEE!!

4 comments:

Lahni said...

Congrats on the babe Megan. I'm so glad he's healthy!

The Mom said...

Awwww - look at him - he's soooo dang cute Megs!!! You're right -he looks just like Dustin!!! So glad he's here safe and sound! Hope you're doing well too!!!

Beth said...

OH MY GOODNESS!! I am so glad everything happened as it did - all things happen for a reason!!! Lee is beautiful - or handsome, I should say!!! So glad that he is here safe and healthy and that you are doing well, also!!

CONGRATULATIONS!!
Beth

Jamie said...

Wow that really is a miracle! How scary, but at the same time, so amazing. He is very sweet and your little family looks great with one more! :)