Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Obnoxious

I know that for the next little while my posts are going to probably be about Lee. I don't want to be obnoxious, but as I have stated before, the whole purpose that I have created this blog is so that I can keep a journal about the lives of my kids. Having Lee is a major part of what is going on in their lives right now.
I was thinking today about Lee. I was thinking about how much he is a part of our family. I have been told many times that there is nothing like having your first baby. While I do remember all of the feelings that I had when I had Abby, I still have the same feelings for Lee. It's not as though the more children you have, the less you love them. . . I mean, if someone asked me to give one up, who would I choose? I just don't agree with the fact that after you have more than one child that you somehow love them less. I KNOW my Aunt Christie will agree with me on this! She knows what I am talking about!
Another thing that has been so nice with having Lee is the fact that he is my 6th baby. Because of this, the doctors and nurses have seemed to take me more seriously. When I asked for some formula to help supplement Lee after he was done breastfeeding, there were no arguments. I knew what I needed to have set out when I got home. I knew what kind of help I would need after Lee was born. I know what his cries mean. I knew that I would have problems producing milk, so I knew to ask the doctor for a perscription for motillium.
It is really nice to already know how to do so many things for this baby. It has made it really relaxing to have Lee around because I am not questioning everything and wondering if I am doing everything right. I have already pretty much figured it all out.
It is sad, however, to know that I will never have this experience again. Because of this, I spend alot of time trying to drink everything all in. I try and remember the feel of his skin and his fuzzy hair. I am trying to memorize what his cry sounds like, and the way his eyes look and his hands and his toes. These are things that I know that one day I will forget. However, for right now, I am trying to savor every moment!

2 comments:

Beth said...

I am so glad to hear that Lee is fitting in so well with the family! I agree - how could you love a new baby any less than any of the babies before - no way in my opinion! They are all SPECIAL and loved.

I hope things continue to go well and that you are getting some rest (haha - 5 kids in the house and you should get rest!!!)...

I enjoy reading about your family - so please continue to be "obnoxious"!!!

Beth

Mandy said...

I can't believe that someone would even suggest anyone love their children less the more they have! That's the rudest thing I've ever heard! Of course the first one is special because it's your first, but how could anyone love more children any less???? I'm glad that he arrived safe and sound. That's good that you were at the Doctor and got things going. Congrats.