Saturday, March 1, 2008

Shopping


What is it about shopping? I mean, why is it so therapeutic?? I have been feeling a little bit down lately because of everything that has been going on with my friend and with feeling fat and frumpy, and then I took Caroline and Dustin to the mall yesterday. The two of them were so good and we had a lot of fun. I came home feeling like a completely different woman! I was soooooo happy and relaxed and excited! I told Caroline that it was our special date before Lee was born.
You see, when I was growing up, my parents would take turns taking each of us out on a date. My mom would take one child one month and my dad would take another child another month. I really enjoyed my dates with them, so Otto and I decided to do that with our kids. Well, it just so happened that March is my month to take Caroline on a date, however Lee is supposed to be born right in the middle of the month, so it has been a challenge figuring out when we can go on our date. So, yesterday (even though it was technically still February), Caroline and I had a blast at the mall. We went and got everyone's Easter dresses and outfits (even Lee's). We had Chinese food for lunch, we went to the pet store and looked at all of the animals. And Caroline got two brand new pairs of sparkly shoes! She is a true girl!!! All she wanted was new shoes and she didn't care about anything else. . . . wait. . . . she also enjoyed going to the Marble Slab on the way home!

I also got Lee a few outfits because I didn't have any for him to wear and I didn't want the poor guy to spend his first couple of months naked! And. . . here it goes. . . . get ready. . . . I actually bought something for myself!!! It wasn't clothes, or shoes, or jewelry. . . . it was the cutest new handbag with coordinating wallet!! It is large enough for me to store all of my baby stuff in it as well as my regular stuff. It is brown, and it matches the green wallet that I have pictured above! I LOVE it!!! It is so rare that I walk by something and I have to have it, so when it does happen, I have learned that I need to get those things because I usually regret not getting them later on.

I think that I am almost completely ready to have this baby. I just need one or two more things from my mom's warehouse (which we are getting today). I also need one or two more things from the store. I need Easter chocolate, and then I am set until April. One of the things that I love more than anything is feeling prepared. After today, I should have that comfort with Lee! We are down to under 2 weeks now, and every day I get more and more excited. . . . this may even be better than Christmas!

2 comments:

Lahni said...

I also love shopping. It almost always makes me feel better when I'm down!

Jamie said...

Amen sistah-friend. Too bad you need money to shop... kind of puts a kink in things sometimes!