Monday, February 16, 2009

Fun Family and Friends Weekend!

Who doesn't love a long weekend?? I mean seriously! I LOVE them! I always try to do something fun with the kiddies and this weekend and definitely been fun for the kiddies!
On Thursday (teacher's convention) we had one of Abby's best friends come over for the day. Then that night we had Abby's other best friend and her sister come over for a sleep-over. On Friday afternoon we packed up all of our stuff and went down to Cardston for the weekend to stay with Otto's brother's family so the kids could play with their cousins!. On Friday night we went and saw the town's production of Fiddler on the Roof. It was fun to see some people that we knew in the play and even more people that we knew in the audience!
On Saturday we took the kids sledding on the iciest hill I have ever been on, but they all had a blast. . . .okay, well maybe not all of them had a blast. . . Lee didn't like sitting in his car seat for an hour, but I was able to buy some time with all of the treats that I brought for him!
Saturday night we left the kids at Otto's brother's house and the adults all went out to dinner in Waterton. Normally we would have gone to the Kilmorey Lodge, but since it is no longer standing we mozied on over to the Waterton Lakes Lodge where the chef had moved to and we ate dinner there. It was a nice Valentine's dinner! I was also able to meet Chef James which was awesome because my dad is one of the owners of Kilmorey Lodge and he always talks about Chef James. He often asks me questions about food and when I give him the answers he tells me that that is what Chef James says. It was really great to talk to Chef James for a bit and to get to know him a bit better.
On Sunday we went to church with our cousins and it was really funny to look down the bench and have Jason (Otto's brother who is dark like me) and I on the ends, but then see 11 blond children that all look alike as well as Otto (who is very blond) and my sister-in-law (who is also very blond) sitting on that bench. If ever there was a family that looked alike it is our two families. I always find that to be interesting because Jason and I are both dark, but somehow we got all of these blond children. I have a feeling that in 10 years they won't all be blond any more. I wish I would have taken a picture. . . it really is quite the sight to behold!
After dinner at Jason's house we headed home. It was fun to spend so much time with our cousins, but Otto actually had to head into the office today to get some work done. That's okay because later on this afternoon, my cousin is bringing over her family to come play and have dinner! The kids are so excited and I think that it will be the perfect ending to a weekend full of fun, family and friends!

2 comments:

Amber said...

Megan, We all loved coming over and spending time with you. Thank you so much for having our whole pack over. We love you guys!!

Ashley Dawn said...

Wow, you really go all out on long weekends. I need to be bit by that bug again. I just seriously need a HUGE energy boost. I guess we DID go to Calgary, but everyone there was sick....so it wasn't much of a party. Glad you had so much fun...