Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Girls!


So I have these three beautiful little girls. They all go to school and today is each of their Valentine's Day parties because it is teacher's convention this weekend. For their schools I always buy some of the store done cards along with some candies to include with their Valentine's. This year I thought I was so smart and found "Valentine Gummy Bracelets". I thought "Perfect, now I can save some money because I don't have to buy the candies and the cards seperately."
On Monday evening we decided to write out our classmates' names on the Valentine Candies. . . . well, it turns out that the candies didn't come with a card, but that you are supposed to try and write your name on the wrapper in the small heart on the top right hand side of the plastic. I don't know if any of you have 5 year olds, but a tiny heart is NOT going to be big enough when your name is Caroline. So, after realizing this when we have all sat down to create the bracelets and enduring 5 minutes of crying I decided that there was something that I was going to do about it. (Now the logical thing would be to get up, run to the store that is down the street and buy some boxes of Valentines right? Unfortunately I am not that smart!) So I said to the girls "wait here" and they did! Meanwhile I ran downstairs and grabbed a couple of cute scrapbooking papers and my Cricut Cutting Machine and brought them up. Anne and I spent about 1/2 an hour coming up with the design and we finally settled on a very simple but cute (I did have to make 60 of them) Valentine's Candy wrapper for them so that Caroline would have plenty of room to write her name.
So it took about 3 hours in total to make all of them, however it seemed to be worth it. At three different periods throughout the day, yesterday, my girls all told me that they were so happy that their mom was a scrapbooker because they had the best Valentine's out of everyone in their class! They were so excited to bring the Valentine's to school and show them off.
So, I may not be the sharpest knife in the drawer, but I can scrapbook and apparently that is all that I need in order to be a good mom. . . . for a few minutes anyways!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

awww megs
thats super cute that you just made your cards!
you are so creative.... if their are any left over tell caroline she can give them to her favorite aunite jenna!!

Ashley Dawn said...

Those are SO cute. You are a great Mom. Scrapbooking always pays off, doesn't it?
PS - I did the update if you want to check it out.