Thursday, February 19, 2009

It all changes in the blink of an eye!

No! Seriously! It totally does! In my previous post I wrote about Lee and how he is my youngest and I savor each moment with him right? I wish I could just bottle up his babiness (I know its not a word) and preserve it forever! However, this kid has other things in mind.
Take today for instance:
This morning I got up, got the girlies off to school and then at 10:30 it was time for Lee's nap. Not a problem! He was soooo ready for it and willing to lay down and go to sleep. . . . or so I thought. Turns out he just wanted his bottle. That's okay though because often times he will finish his bottle, cry for a minute and then go to sleep. So he cried, and cried, and cried and cried. Then, all of a sudden I heard "Dada" coming from the top of the stairs!
This baby, who was supposed to be in his crib, who doesn't even crawl, who has just started pulling himself up to the standing position as of 2 days ago, has now figured out how to get out of his bed. Lee's poor face was all red on one side and he had carpet marks embedded into his head where he must have fallen. I felt like the worst mom ever!!! None of my other children have ever escaped from the crib so this is a first for me.
Because I felt so bad I immediately called Otto to tell him what happened. Lee was army crawling around on the main floor doing his baby thing and I was kind of keeping an eye on him. Because of this you can imagine my surprise when I hung up the phone with Otto and turned around in time to see Lee almost halfway up the stairs. . . . did I mention he doesn't even crawl yet??? Who is this kid???
I am a person who hates stair gates! I always trip on them and they wreck my walls and they are a real pain in the behind, so when my kids learn how to go up stairs, I immediately teach them how to come down.
So, I taught Lee how to go down stairs. So, in the space of 2 hours my little baby went from not crawling to the master crib escape artist and a climber and descender of stairs. Ummmm, didn't he get the memo???? He's the baby! I'm not having any more children of my own! He's not supposed to do these things so quickly!!!
What is he thinking???
So to all you mom's out there. . . don't blink or else everything may change on you!

3 comments:

Lahni said...

My little D. (who turned 2 in Dec) still hasn't figured out how to get out of his crib!

Ashley Dawn said...

Oh, that is a sad day. I hate it when kids climb out of the crib, let alone do the stairs thing, all in one day. So sad. What a little monkey.

Jamie said...

That sucks that he can get out of his crib! My almost 3-year-old who is now in a bed still hasn't figured out how to climb out of the crib. I guess my boys just weren't ambitious enough!