Friday, February 27, 2009

Too good to not share!

Ever since I have started my lifestyle change and watching what I eat I have been gathering recipes. I can finally say that I now have a pretty good repertoire (but if you have any good ones, send them my way please!!!). My doctor told me that chefs are usually really successful at losing weight by changing their eating habits because they know how to combine flavors and substitute without sacrificing taste. I will admit that this has been my greatest challenge because I am such a foodie! (I don't make the traditional "Molly Mormon" recipes.) I have, however, lost 30 lbs so I must be doing something right.
When I started this "lifestyle change" I was skeptical because my doctor kept on telling me that it wasn't a diet, but a lifestyle change. Because I am cheeky and a bit obnoxious I quickly pointed out that if this wasn't a diet then I should be able to have snacks, treats and desserts too. She told me that I could but that I would need to try and find foods that were low in fat and that fit into my eating habits.
So, that's what I did. I have scoped out a bunch of desserts that I now love! Including my most favorite chocolate chip cookie recipe. Yep, that's right. . . chocolate chip cookies that are low in fat and high in taste and moisture. I like my chocolate chip cookies fluffy and moist and these sure do deliver! I thought that some of you might want to get your hands on this recipe so I am pasting it below!
Try it and let me know how it goes! (Oh and I usually double the recipe and it makes about 6 dozen when I do it so I must make my cookies a bit bigger than it says in the recipe.)


En-light-ened Chocolate Chip Cookies

These delicious chocolate chip cookies contain the goodness of whole grain combined with the sweet indulgence of semi-sweet chocolate morsels

Hands On: 10 minutes
Total: 50 minutes
Makes: 4 dozen cookies (1 cookie per serving)

Ingredients
3 cups Eagle Mills� All-Purpose Unbleached Flour with Ultragrain� (I use regular flour)
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 cup packed brown sugar
1 cup granulated sugar
1/2 cup Fleischmann's� Original Margarine-stick, softened (1/2 cup = 1 stick) (I use regular margarine)
1 cup unsweetened applesauce
2 eggs
2 teaspoons vanilla (I actually add a Tablespoon, but I have real Mexican vanilla so it tastes sooooo gooood!!!!)
1 pkg (12 oz each) semi-sweet chocolate morsels
PAM� Original No-Stick Cooking Spray

Directions
Preheat oven to 350�F. Combine flour, soda and salt in small bowl; set aside.
Beat both sugars and Fleischmann?s with electric mixer on medium-high speed until well combined. Add applesauce, eggs and vanilla; beat until well blended. Gradually stir in flour mixture just until blended. Stir in morsels.
Spray baking sheet with cooking spray. Drop batter by rounded tablespoons onto baking sheet 2 inches apart.
Bake 12 to 17 minutes or until golden brown. Cool 1 minute on cookie sheet; transfer to wire rack, cool completely. Store in covered container.


Nutrition (per serving)
Calories 117
Total fat 4 g
Saturated fat 2 g
Cholesterol 8 mg
Sodium 75 mg
Carbohydrate 19 g
Dietary fiber 1 g
Sugars 13 g
Protein 2 g
Vitamin A 2%
Vitamin C 0%
Calcium 1%
Iron 3%

3 comments:

Ashley Dawn said...

Yes!! Thanks. I'm going to post this on our recipe blog if that's okay with you. I might just have to make these.

Lahni said...

30 lbs!! That's amazing. Way to go. I'm definitely going to try these.

Amber said...

I tried these today. I must say they are pretty darn good. I have tried alot of chocolate chip cookie recipes and I only have kept one (whole wheat betty crocker). This one will be a keeper!