Monday, March 2, 2009

Totally Made My Day

Have you even had one of THOSE days where you just get emotionally drained? One of those days where no matter how much you clean your house it never gets cleaned, or whatever can go wrong does??? Well that has been my day today. I won't bore you with the details but by 5:00 I was completely exhausted and finished!
Because I have such a sweet hubby he took most of the kids with him when he took Abby to cello lessons, and he even made dinner and had the kids do a bunch of cleaning. It helped, but I have still been feeling so emotionally drained. Maybe its because Lee has been so sick, or because he threw up during my piano lessons, or no matter how much I cleaned the house got worse. . . . or one of the many other things that happened today. Whatever it is, I am spent.
And then I got an email.
I had written to a company called Heritage Makers to tell them about the book that I made for my Grandma Lee at Christmas time. It was a book about my Grandpa Lee that is full of memories of my grandpa from myself and my cousins. I gave it to my Grandma at Christmas time and she still calls me up every once in awhile to thank me for making it and she tells me how much she loves it.
I love that book too. That was why I wrote to Heritage Makers. Then, tonight in my email inbox I got an email from Heritage Makers asking for my permission for them to use my story in their advertising.
That made my day. I am pretty excited to see what they use my story for, and they have asked me if I have pictures (so Michelle, if you were smart enough to get some, can you send them my way???). I made this book as a way to remember my Grandpa and have a wonderful book for my children to learn about him and who he was and the life that he lead. If, by using my story on why I created my Grandpa's book, other people can be inspired and use it to preserve their memories then I will have accomplished way more than what I set out to do when I created this book of my Grandpa. I will see if I can post an electronic of the book on this page. . . we'll see. . . I'm not making any promises. . . I'm not that technologically inclined.
Anyways, that made my day. Maybe its Grandpa's spirit coming back to me to brighten my day again. . . I never could stay grumpy for long when that guy was around!
(P.S. I did it!!! What do you think???)

4 comments:

Michelle said...

Wait, what do they want pictures of? Grandma looking at the book? Yeah, I have those but I'm at work and they're at home, so I'll email you a bunch later on today.

Megan C said...

Thanks! You're the best!

Anonymous said...

ps. megs did you know that it's been almost 6 years exactly since grandpa passed away, It was March 3rd 2003... crazy timing for heritage makers to email you....
love you tons!
-Jenna

Ashley Dawn said...

Wow, congrats!! You're obviously very talented!!