Friday, March 27, 2009

Ouch!

One thing I love about my baby Lee is that he has the chubbiest hands. They are HUGE and sooooo cute and chubby. That was why I felt terrible yesterday when he completely scalded the entire top of his hand! It was completely my fault and the poor baby was in such pain that it broke my heart!
Last night, for dinner, I made beef dip sandwiches. I had put the "au jus" on the table and was pulling the sandwiches out of the oven when I heard Lee scream! Now, Lee NEVER screams about anything!! So, I looked up and saw all of the other kids sitting at the table looking at Lee while he was screaming his head off. It took me only a second to realize that he had grabbed a bowl of hot "au jus" and it had burned him. I still had a hot pan in my hands because it HAD to come out of the oven or else we would have nothing to eat, so I started yelling (okay and maybe swearing a bit. . . sorry Grandma!) at the kids to help their brother instead of just staring at him.
Once I got the pan out of the oven I ran over, grabbed Lee and immediately started to run his hand under water. Poor baby! He now has a couple of blisters on the top of his hand, but we have been keeping his hand all wrapped up with polysporin on it.
Lee had a rough evening last night (can you blame him???) but when he woke up this morning he was completely fine. I think that the pain must be gone, but the blisters are still there. So now it will just be a constant battle to keep the gauze on his hands! He is not thrilled about that at all!!
Poor baby!

2 comments:

Ashley Dawn said...

Oh man, Poor baby. That would be SO hard. I hope the recovery goes well....

Anonymous said...

Well, perhaps you neverknew that when Uncle Brtant was about 4, he was 'helping' me make jello; he bumpeed my elbow and ended up with the boiing water on his head. I quickly covered it in thick, oily ozonel, a bad decision as burns do much better with ice water and then air! So when I finally got the goo off, he got to wear a 'maharaja' turban with a sparkling brooch on it to pllayschool for a week! Such is the life of a little boy!