Tuesday, March 10, 2009

The Sun will Come Out, Tomorrow!





Ever since I can remember I have loved the musical Annie. I think that this was partially because my parents loved the musical Annie and thus made me love it. Ever since I can remember I have watched the movie, sung the songs and pretended that some day Daddy Warbucks would come and adopt me. (My dad turned out to be pretty great too!) In our earliest video recordings of my brother, sister and I, I am singing songs from the musical Annie. I sang an Annie song at my Uncle Brant's wedding reception when I was young also. It just seems that the musical has always been a part of my life (I even named one of my daughters Anne).

Last month, the musical Annie came to town and for Christmas my mom got myself, Anne, Abby and her tickets. Then we found out that my sisters would be in town and my mom got them and my sister-in-law tickets also. So, we had a girls night out to go see Annie! What can I say? I LOVED it! Anne loved it and so did Abby! The play was different from the movie, but it was fantastic! We had so much fun humming the songs to ourselves as we watched the actors sing them. I was surprised how many of the jokes Anne understood and laughed at! It was a great time!
So, even though this is a month late in being posted, I want to thank my mom for giving us such a fantastic Christmas present! It was one of my favorite nights! A little girl's dream come true!

1 comments:

Ashley Dawn said...

Wow! I'm SO jealous. That has been a standard in our house growing up too. That would've been just awesome!!