Thursday, February 26, 2009

A Little Piece of Rainbow

I don't know what it is about rainbows, but it seems as though whenever I see one it makes me happy. Maybe it's because I don't see one every day or maybe it's because they are so colorful and really stand out against the grey sky. I don't know, but whatever it is, I love them!
This morning, while I was driving the kids to school (at -35 degrees it was too cold for them to walk to their bus stop and wait) we saw 4 different rainbows going in all sorts of different directions. It was the coolest thing I have ever seen. And, it just so happened, that those rainbows were all I needed to feel good and happy and know that I was going to have a great day!
I don't know why I have been thinking about those rainbows all day, but I have. It seems to me that rainbows show up at just the perfect time. They appear right after a storm or a cold snap and they seem to give you a glimmer of hope. For me they truly do symbolize hope. They make me hope that the storm is over and that sunshine will prevail. They are so colorful and cheery that even though I am almost 30 I still get excited when I see one and I always have to point it out. Will I ever grow out of that??? I don't think so. But, that's okay. If I am still 100 and looking for rainbows I will be happy because that will mean that I still have hope.

1 comments:

Ashley Dawn said...

I also love rainbows....and I think this pegs why. Thanks.